Católica Research Centre for the Future of Law, Esil, and the University of Turin will be hosting the International Conference | Climate Change Law & Litigation: States’ Obligations under International Law on May 24 at Universidade Católica Portuguesa.
The purpose of this conference is to assess the States’ international obligations on preserving a healthy atmosphere and a stable climate, as well as their international obligations resulting from an unstable and unpredictable climate pattern.
The organization encourages the submission of papers from scholars and practitioners in the fields of climate change law and litigation, as well as from other scientific fields related to or impacted by climate change events.
Submission and Selection of Papers
Interested practitioners and scholars (including early career researchers and Ph.D. candidates) must send an abstract of about 500 words, in English or French, by 15 March 2023, to the following email address:
Submissions should include a curriculum vitae, with email and institutional affiliation, and should indicate current ESIL membership status.
- Only one abstract per person will be considered, but joint submissions are admitted.
- Selected participants will be informed by 10 April.
- Confirmed participants are expected to provide a draft of their conference papers no later than one week before the conference.
- Travel and accommodation expenses are NOT covered by the organization.
- For more information: Call for Papers