- Academic credential: Obtain a highly respected academic credential from Portugal’s no. 1 university, according to the Times Higher Education World University Ranking.
- Specialized knowledge: Acquire a deeper understanding of the legal frameworks governing topics like corporate law, financial law and cross-border transactions.
- Flexibility: Choose from a wide array of courses and tailor your curriculum to your personal interests and career ambitions.
- Career opportunities: Access a range of career opportunities in international business law, including roles in law firms, multinational corporations, government agencies, and international organizations.
- Networking: Connect with peers and faculty members from all over the world, with diverse professional and academic backgrounds.
This is a programme specifically designed for graduates who seek to develop a career in global business law. It offers an innovative approach to International, Anglo-American and European business law, covering a wide range of topics, such as corporate law, commercial and investment arbitration, cross-border transactions, financial law, and international tax law.
It exceeds the expectations and demands of both recent graduates, who want to enhance their opportunities of pursuing an active and international career in business law, and young lawyers, who want to deepen their skills and knowledge. It also provides an environment in which those who seek an academic career can hone their analytical and research skills.
Every year, the student body at Católica Global School of Law is composed of graduates from a wide range of nationalities and professional backgrounds. Also, during the academic year, enrolment in specific LL.M. seminars is made available to external practitioners, whose participation enhances the programme’s diversity and the breath of intellectual conversation, while providing a networking opportunity for both the LL.M. students and those legal professionals.
Moreover, our outstanding faculty includes prominent scholars from prestigious American and European universities and top practitioners from leading law firms. Using highly interactive teaching methods, our faculty is able to apply Católica’s extensive track-record in the field of business law to engage students in an exciting and meaningful way.
The Case Method
Classes will have a dual nature, emphasizing both theory and practice. Through the application of a case-based teaching approach, students will be faced with complex, yet practical problem-solving scenarios where in-depth analysis and reasoning will have to be applied.
Careful preparation outside class is expected from every student and in-class discussion will be encouraged. As a consequence, the programme will be demanding, but the rewards, in terms of intellectual and personal growth, will be commensurate.
Following the one-year LL.M. programme, research-driven students have the option of enrolling for a third semester and produce a masters’ thesis. The students that successfully write, submit, and defend their thesis will be awarded the Master of Transnational Law diploma, according to the Bologna Declaration.
26 Average Age